Monday 31 March 2014

Matilda - Personal Response

The Genre
The genre of this book is adventure 

Summery
 This book is about a little girl named Matilda and she has special powers and she loves to read and  she has some rather mean and disrespectful parents and they hate their daughter but love their son and they think that watching T.V is better for you than reading some informative books. What will happen next? you will have to read the book to find out.

Blurb
Matilda's parents have called her some terrible things but the truth is she is a genius and their the stupid ones. Find out how she gets the better of them and her spiteful headmistress, Miss Trunchbull well as discovering that she has a very special power.

Awards
This book was the winner of the children's books award.

Author + Illustrator
Roald Dahl was the author of this book and It is a amazing story 
Quentin Blake was the Illustrator and The pictures are really funny and cool.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie ,
    I tried to have a look at you A-Z fact file But it said I need permission to see it.
    So can you please make it open to the public so I can see it as well as every thing else.I am also reading Matilda but I finshed it on Friday so I got Captain Underpants to read on the weekend.
    From Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sophie. A very very good example of a personal response. Who in our class would you recommend this book too? Can you tell me what you give this book out of 10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Panther,
      I would recommend this to a person who loves to read books and who likes adventures and I rate this book a 9 out of ten.
      From Sophie

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.