Friday 23 September 2016

Weekly reflection

This week on Tuesday Finlay and I went to the Rotary Speech Competition to represent grey main school and The topic of my speech was HAPPINESS and some of the other topics were: Racism, child Abuse, My move to NZ, two speeches on Happiness, Disney, Pollution, My family, Junk Food, two gymnastic speeches. When we got there we all had a buffet for dinner and dessert.And once everyone had finished we started the speeches. To decide who went first the names were drawn out of a ballot and I was 2nd to last. After everyone had gone I have realised that I was the only person who didn't have note cards. Once all the speeches were done they took a minute to decide on the winner in 3rd place Was Alyssa who's speech was on her family. 2nd place went to finaly with his speech on happiness and 1st place went to me I won the competition.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sophie :) you deserved first place. :) Your speech is awesome. You spoke really clearly.

    - Kate D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Soph
    Even though I wasn't there to see your speech live you did amazing and good job beating Finlay :)
    From Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.