Thursday 31 July 2014

Commonwealth games poem

Fencing
As I grip my Sword and Start to sweat
The referee shouts out fence,
I thrust My blade at my opponent's Chest
He obviously think that hes the best,
I feel my pulse Beating Hard
I can’t believe I've Come this Far,
I'm At the Commonwealth Games
My Family are all so amazed,
My opponent thrusts at me
I block his hits all with ease,
With one last hit I knock him down
The Celebration echoes all around,
I've Won it I've done it  
I hear the Cheers,
After all that training
After all those years,
Its finished its done
I've been crowned number one
And I shall cherish this memory for years to come
For the Art of fencing is my number one.

By Sophie


4 comments:

  1. Hey Sophie,
    I like your powerful words you used there. Did your whole class do this? Also I like how you pretended it was you in the commonwealth games!!
    This is Olivia from Otautau School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie
    I really like the poem and great job at assembly today. When you get older would you like to go to the commonwealth games and do fencing.
    Bye Bye
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sophie
    That was an awesome poem! Everyone loved it at assembly. See ya late
    Bye bye
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie
    I love your rhythm you got going in that poem. My favorite line is the 'celebration echoes all around'.
    Could I try writing a piece like that?
    From Ella

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.